This a great way to use up the extra zucchini in the garden!
- 1 12 oz package of noodles of choice
- 3 tbs of coconut oil, lard or extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic gloves
- 4 cups of shredded zucchini
- One onion chopped
- 1 cup of whole milk
- 4 oz of cream cheese
- 1/2 cup of yogurt -i make my own
- 1/2 cup of fresh chopped basil
- 1/2 cup of any other veggies of choice
- 2 chopped fresh tomatoes
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- In large skillet, over medium heat, saute garlic and onion in butter and oil about 2 minutes. Reduce heat, and sauté zucchini, veggies onion and garlic. Add salt and pepper, cover and steam 10 minutes, or until squash is tender.
- While vegetables are steaming, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain. Add the milk and cheese to the zucchini mixture, stir and heat slightly till melted, add in the tomatoes and heat slightly but do not cook the tomatoes. Serve the zucchini sauce over the pasta.