Makes 6 quarts
I searched high and low for a recipie and I could not find a good one that had seasoned flavored beans. How easy would it be if you take them out of the jar already seasoned!
Here it is:
- Snap ends off of the beans and snap them in half- fresh garden beans, you will need 11/2 lbs of beans for each quart.
- Snap them in half or 3rds depending on size. Wash them in water.
- Tightly pack beans and 1 small onion sliced in each Quart Jars leaving 1 inch head space.
- Meanwhile heat a pot of boiling water with 12 cups of water seasoned with:
- 2 lemon sage leaves
- 1 crushed garlic
- 3 tsp of soy sauce
- 3 tbs maple syrup
- Dash of pepper
- Add the boiling water to the jars as well as ½ tsp sea salt leaving1 in head space.
- Top with heated lids
- Screw on rings tightly
- Place in pressure canner filled with 3 or so inches of water.
- Lock the lid- bring up to 10 lbs of pressure and cook for 30 minutes.